Monday, November 5, 2012

FLW Championship Day 2

  I was partnered with Lamonte Loyd from Gilmer Texas.  Lamonte is a great Texas fisherman and showed me a short ride north about 300 yds from the launch.  We started fishing before the rest of the 153 boat field was even out of the gate.  We were fishing submerged rocky points along the river. The first 2 fish to the boat were caught on a deep diving white crank bait, then the fun started.. Lamonte chose to use a C-Rig on the point and I went with a shaky head with a green pumpkin hula grub. We caught multiple spotted bass and even had double hook ups for the next couple hours... It was a blast catching that many fish...too bad most of them were 11 3/4 inches long..BUMMER!!!!  12 inch limit in this derby!!!  it was fun tho. We then moved into a slough and the fun continued.  My Texas pro flipped every piece of cover while I chose to run a blade by each piece of cover.. I hooked up 4 times on blade fish and lost every one within 2-3 feet of the boat!!!  These fish were just slapping at my blade and not committing to eat it.  I even lost a good 3# fish that would of put me in the top 20 and possibly the top 10.. After I lost my first fish I put a trailer hook to increase the hook up but that didn't cure the problem.. After all was said and done I only weighed in 1 fish on day 2 which put me in 77th place
Day 2

Morning Coffee tent

My Phoenix 721 with Clay Lippencott at the controls

No comments:

Post a Comment